Well here is my first project that I am posting. I whipped this up really fast and didn't even use my cutter....shocker! I ALWAYS use my electronic cutter. I figured I would give it a try to make a card the old fashion way :) I made this card for a friend who's birthday is coming up. She always wears black and white and if she does wear a color is seems to always be pink. I look at this card and it screams Kristy lol.
I apologize for the not so great picture taking I am excited to post this but the lighting isn't that great.
(Ok to be honest I am not the BEST at taking pictures either but this one is a little worse than most :) )
I was wearing a red shirt so some of the silver paper or highlights looks red....ooops.
Here is a close up of the flowers and I love making these. I used glittery shear fabric and patterned paper with a gem brad in the middle.
Flower Info.
For the black and white one I used 2 size flower punches and inked the edges in between some of the layers I added the fabric I didn't use any adhesive just the Zots glue dots.
For the pink small flower I used sparkly fabric again and just a 1/2 strip of paper. I scored the paper every 1/4 of an inch and accordion folded it. I then straightened out the paper and glued just a sliver of the edge to the side of the fabric I cut to about 1 inch. I then re-accordion folded the strip and curved it into a circle and put a Zot in the middle of that to keep it in place.
Here is a close up of the flowers.
*Just a note...your paper trimmer will cut through A LOT of the thin fabrics so you can get a more accurate cut.
Here is a list of the challenges I bravely entered
This card is my entry for these challenges:
365 Cards - Day 28 - A Card inspired by someone you know
Digi's By Phooka #6 - Flower Power
Polly Craft #86 - Friends
Allsorts Challenge Blog, for Allsorts of Challenges - Wk96 For a Special Lady
Lindascreativity - Creative Sisters Monday Challenge #4
Lovely card. Love the pp that you have used - nice designs and colours. Lovely blooms :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with us at 365cards this week :)
Stunning flowers!! I love going 'old-school' without the electric cutters sometimes too -- Really makes ya use your creativity!! :)
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to say thanks for your kind comment on my blog today !! :)
I'm your newest follower,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Love your card. Thank you for playing in my Pink, White, & Black challenge. Also, I love entering challenges too so I smiled when I saw your list of challenges you entered this card in. Good luck! Hugs, :) Janis
ReplyDeleteFabulous card - the flowers are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx
Ha! I've got a friend of mine that also weared fro a long time only black/white and hot pink too))!(her name's not Kristi - no LOL, she's Tanya) Like your card - especially fab flowers!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that spotted your newly born blog! Happy crafting and happy blogging!)
Beautiful, Theresa! Thanks for playing in the "mix and match" challenge at 365 Cards!
ReplyDeleteAloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT
oh wow I love the flowers!!!
ReplyDeleteMe encanta como interpretaste el sketch!
ReplyDeleteUn gran trabajo.
way to go making one awesome card!! and without the use of a cutter :)
ReplyDeleteSuper pretty! I would love to have you link something up to my blog hop! Come check it out, it is all about trying something new.
ReplyDeletehttp://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-hop-new-season-new-skill.html